Should I buy a Brand of Stair lift I know?
A question many people ask themselves when looking for a stair lift for the very first time is “Should I buy a brand of stair lifts I know or have heard of, or take a chance on a new company entering the market?”
That is a great question, and you are right to ask!
Unlike buying a new fridge or vacuum cleaner, purchasing a stair lift is not something you are likely to have done before. Just like buying a new car, it can be a daunting prospect and one fraught with unnecessary complexities.
Choosing between a well-known stair lift brand and a new company entering the market involves weighing several factors, each with its own set of pros and cons.
Here’s a balanced perspective to help you make an informed decision:
Going with a Known Stair Lift Brand
- Proven Reliability: Established brands like Handicare have a track record of reliability and customer satisfaction. Their products have been tested over time, reducing the risk of unforeseen issues.
- Customer Reviews and Testimonials: You’ll find extensive customer feedback, which can provide insights into the product’s performance and the company’s service quality.
- After-Sales Support: Renowned brands often have robust customer service and maintenance networks, ensuring easy access to support and spare parts.
- Potentially Higher Cost: Established brands might come with a higher price tag due to their market reputation.
- The Hard-Sell Approach: Established companies have slick selling machines, geared to make the sale. Newer companies rely on brand differentiation, and innovation.
- Less Flexibility in Design or Features: Some established brands may not be as innovative or flexible in accommodating unique needs or preferences.
Trying a New Company
- Innovative Features: New entrants often differentiate themselves with innovative features or designs that might better meet specific needs.
- Competitive Pricing: To attract customers, new companies may offer more competitive pricing or additional services at a lower cost.
- Personalised Customer Service: Smaller or newer companies might provide more personalised service and be more responsive to individual customer needs, going the ‘extra mile’.
- Unproven Reliability: New companies lack a long track record, which means there’s less assurance of product reliability and company stability.
- Limited Reviews and Testimonials: With fewer customers, it might be harder to gauge the product’s performance and the company’s reputation.
- After-Sales Support Uncertainty: New companies might not have a widespread service network, which could complicate maintenance and repairs.
How to Make an Informed Decision in 7 steps:
- 1: Research and Reviews. We’d suggest you investigate both established and new brands. Look for the most recent independent reviews and testimonials from users who have similar needs.
- 2: Product Demonstrations and Trials. If possible, try out different models. Some companies offer home demonstrations or trial periods.
- 3: Warranty and Service Agreements. Check the warranties offered by both established and new companies. Understand what the warranty covers and the duration of coverage.
- 4: Consult with Healthcare Professionals or your GP. If the stair lift is for someone with specific health or mobility issues, consulting with a healthcare professional can provide additional insights.
- 5: Budget and Financing. Consider your budget and any available financing options. Sometimes the choice might be influenced by what you can comfortably afford.
- 6: Future Support and Scalability. Consider the likelihood of the company being around for the long term to provide necessary support and parts.
- 7: Check-out the business owners. Are the owners still hands-on in the business, keeping in touch with customers and innovating.
At Senior Stairlifts, we pride ourselves on delivering a professional and friendly low-cost service. we care about people and offer friendly, honest advice.
We partner with Handicare and other leading UK brands and manufacturers to give you the best mobility solutions and stair lift servicing available. At Senior Stairlifts, we guarantee peace of mind thanks to our affordable prices and custom options, created to suit every home, person and budget.
Our Warranty & Aftercare
Senior Stairlifts offer a 36-month warranty on brand-new lifts (with the option to extend) to all new customers, which is longer than the industry standard, protecting you the customer from any issues that could come up when using a stair lift.
Engineers Across the whole of the UK
We have highly experienced engineers across the whole of the UK and based in Bradford, Birmingham, Harrogate, Leeds, Liverpool, London, Manchester, Sheffield, York and many more who will be able to get out to your home quickly to install, repair, maintain and if needed remove your Stair lift.
While well-known brands offer reliability and a sense of security, new companies can bring innovative solutions and competitive pricing.
Your decision should be based on a combination of personal needs, budget, research, and a careful consideration of the pros and cons.
Remember, the right choice will be the one that best aligns with your specific requirements and offers peace of mind in terms of safety, comfort, and reliability.